Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mashed Potatoes

Today's topic is Mashed Potatoes!

Who doesn't just love mashed potatoes? Hmm? I tell ya - comfort food at it's finest.

Well, I had some leftovers from a party and decided that Garlic and Herbs Alouette would taste fabulous in the mashed potatoes!

So, after I mashed up the potatoes, added milk, salt and butter, I stirred in almost an entire container of the Garlic & Herb Alouette. Sampled and thought to myself, "Wow, that is pretty good."

However the true test is the BOY.

Yes, the 18 year old boy.

So, when dinner was served, I loaded up his plate (because yes, I am still the mother and he still likes when Mama serves him) and asked him what he thought of the potatoes after we sat down.

He said, "Wow, mom, these taste like what you get in a restaurant."

Ok, that made my day.

But, you know, it made me realize that you can truly throw so much stuff into Mashed Potatoes.

My mother almost always made them with butter, milk, salt and pepper. She never varied them, it was always the same.

I have decided that next time I make mashed potatoes, the fridge will be examined for what can i add. I'm thinking bacon and cheddar cheese next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment