Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sweet and Sour Cabbage Wedges

Hello Cooking Fans!!

I can't remember where I found this recipe, but it's just so simple and it made the cabbage so delicious!

I happen to love cabbage and in case you didn't know, it's loaded with nutrients!

Here are the basic ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 head green cabbage, quartered through the core
1/2 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
course salt and ground pepper

And now onto the pictures!

I cut the cabbage up in quarters, but I found it didn't really want to stay in quarters, so I went with it.


I cooked until they started to brown and then added in the liquids. I would advise browning more than I did. The browning really added some nice flavor to the cabbage.


Once it was nice and cooked, about 12 minutes later in the liquid, I served it up into a bowl and sprinkled with salt and pepper!


Now, you can also do this with brussel sprouts or maybe even broccoli!

For tonights dinner, I bought some brussel sprouts at the store because they were on sale.. and I'm going to use this same recipe and see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment