Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Creamy Cheddar Ham Broccoli Casserole

Hello Cooking Fans!

I am just in love with this recipe! Not only was it fairly inexpensive, I had all the ingredients in my house already except for the croutons. How freaking cool is that?!

The other thing I really dug about this dish was that the preparation was so easy. No joke.

Ok and one more thing I liked...I got to use up the last of a jar of mayo! That has been my new goal lately is to really try hard and use the ingredients I have in my house. It's so easy to find a great recipe and then you have to go buy a bottle of something that you never use. UGH. Waste, waste, waste.

No! Don't go! I'm done with my soap box, LOL....

2 cups cubed ham
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained (I used a bunch of fresh broccoli. I think it turned out just as good if not better than using frozen) 2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned croutons (I added extra croutons, well, because I friggin love them) 4 eggs
2 cups milk 1/2 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing 2 Tablespoons flour 2 teaspoons dry mustard (be careful with adding too much dry mustard...I put a bit extra in and I could taste it..) 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves

I had to use a bigger pan because I think I added alot more broccoli than the recipe called for...

Throw in these first four ingredients into a bowl,mix and then dump them into your dish of choice.






















Next, Crack your eggs into a bowl and get ready to whisk them good!


Pour in the milk, then pour in the mayo (AND I forgot to take a picture of that!)


Mix in these ingredients (flour, basil and dry mustard) into you milk/egg/mayo mixture.  Plus I added salt and pepper.  I'm just a believer that salt and pepper needs to be added to just about everything.  Yes, even salad.


And POUR over the ham broccoli stuff!  Cover and put into the fridge.  Anytime you want, turn your oven on to 375 degrees and get it all ready for your dish.


After an hour has passed, removed the tinfoil you covered it with and put it into the oven for about 45 minutes.  I would stir it at least once because the eggs cooked faster in my oven.

Here's what it looked like all mixed up on a plate...it actually doesn't look that great, but it really tasted good!!  Got a big thumbs up from the Boy.

Until next time!  Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment